Saturday, February 02, 2008

I Love it When the Weather Forecast is Wrong!

Vancouver as a city is a beautiful city, but when it rains it becomes depressing, cold and grey. Since I am in Vancouver for the winter months this is the Vancouver I get the majority of the time. And if you think it is hard to get up in the morning try it when it is grey, rainy muddy, and cold. I know that some people like the cold and that some people live in colder places that Vancouver and that temperatures between –1 and 1 degrees Celsius are warm in comparisons but to me it is cold and I don’t think I will ever get used to it. Having said that, it is days like today that makes me realize how much I love Vancouver. To day was Today it was supposed to rain and snow. Instead I got glorious sun and warmth.

When I left my house today I wondered whether to take my rain jacket or not since the weather forecast seemed sop gloomy. Since I was already on my way I figured I would deal with the rain when it came. As I was walking from the bus station to the apartment, where I was to meet my cousin Paula, I was thinking to my self how nice a day it was. I didn’t know half of it. The sun came out the clouds went away and one of the most beautiful days I have ever seen appeared in front of my eyes. I got to go walk through Granville Island and down town. I arrived at campus at 4 and the sunset was at 5. I saw it from the cliffs. A perfect end to a perfect day. Now if it could only remain like this forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When the weather forecast was bad and the weather was good, you loved it. But if the weather forecast was good, and the weather turned out bad, would you love that as well? If not, then I don't think you're entitled to say 'I love it when the weather forecast is wrong', since the use of the present tense implies that the wrongness of the weather forecast is something you love in general.
If you said 'I love it that the weather forecast was wrong', you make it much clearer that what you love is its being wrong on this specific occasion.
Uncle Ben.